Different professional institutes in India are now offering professional bachelor and master’s degree courses in Travel and Tourism as in recent years there is a tremendous growth in travel and tourism industry of India. To meet the demands of trained professionals in travel tourism jobs new diploma and certificate courses are offered by different institutions and universities. Students who have an interest in Travelling can pursue their studies in these professional courses. After completing specialized Travel & Tourism Courses students can find good employment opportunities with high remuneration. In metropolitan cities like Delhi, different professional institutes are present from where students can pursue professional Travel and Tourism courses.
Most Demanded Travel & Tourism Courses in Delhi is:
- Advance Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Advance Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor in Tourism Studies – Travel and Tourism
- Basic Course in Airlines, Travel Agency & Tour Operation Management
- Vocational Course in Travel & Tourism
- Certificate Course in Travel & Tourism
- Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Certificate Course in Tourism Studies
- Masters in Travel Administration
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters in Tourism Administration (MTA)
- PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Career after Pursuing Travel & Tourism Courses in India
More than 250 million tourists visit India per year as estimated by The World Travel and Tourism Council (wttc.org). By this estimation, one can understand that this industry shows great promise of expansion in the near future. Every year, many tourists visit India for business tours, holidays, and pilgrimages and for medical treatments, so there is a wide scope for the aspirants in travel and tourism industry. One can find different careers in travel and tourism such as:
- Reservation and counter staff
- Tour planners
- Tour guides
- Tourism promotional activities
- Information assistants at tourist’s spots
- ground staff in reservation and counter areas
- Flight Pursers
- Sales and Marketing staff a
- Customer Services
- Airline Schedulers
- Tour operators
- Making arrangements for tourist in Sport activities
- Travel agents
- Tour Escorts
- Marketing Staff
- Opening own Travel Agency
- Opening Cargo agency
Personality Traits Suited For Pursuing Travel & Tourism Jobs
Students who want to pursue Travel & Tourism jobs have a better scope if they possess certain qualities like a friendly-nature and outgoing personality. A student with fluency in English and good communication skills can find good career opportunities in travel and tourism industry. Candidate must have thorough knowledge of Indian culture, custom and facilities available for tourists.
Popular Travel & Tourism Institutes/Colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management New Delhi, students can pursue Short Term Course in Travel Agency and Tour Operation Management from this institute.
- Sri Venkateswara College University of Delhi, New Delhi—students can enrol themselves in PG Certificate Course in Tourism and Travel Management.
- Skyline Business School New Delhi—it offers Graduate/PG Diploma Courses in Travel & Tourism Management.
- Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism New Delhi, student can study one year PG Diploma in Tourism Management/Publicity/PR.
- YWCA of Delhi Women’s Training Institute New Delhi, this institute offer PG courses in Travel & Tourism Management.
- College of Vocational Studies University of Delhi, New Delhi, and this college offers one-year PG and Part-time Diploma Course in Tourism.