Situated at the foot of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler’s Upper Village allows you to enjoy comfort without sacrificing convenience. Situated approximately 2km from the main Village area, the Upper Village boasts beautiful alpine scenery and a peaceful mountain environment. However it is also within walking distance or short shuttle bus ride away from all the shops, restaurants and activities in the main Village.
Upper Village Location
Located at the base and onto Blackcomb Mountain, the Upper Village is the perfect spot for those seeking a quiet mountain escape while still maintaining easy accessibility to the main Village and ski lifts. The Wizard chairlift is located at the bottom of Blackcomb Mountain; you can take this up to the Solar Coaster chairlift which then takes you up to the “Rendezvous” restaurant and main mountain meeting area. If you’re looking to go to Whistler Mountain, the Peak2Peak Gondola station is also located up here.
Travelling without a vehicle is easy in the Upper Village. A free shuttle bus loops through Whistler Village, to Blackcomb Base and travels to all the accommodation buildings in the Blackcomb Benchlands area.
Amenities, Activities & Services in Whistler Upper Village
Amidst towering pines and pristine peaks, the Upper Village offers a true alpine escape. However, mountain activities, amenities and services are all still within reach! The Wizard chairlift on Blackcomb Base gives Upper Village visitors easy access to the slopes and as the Upper Village is not as busy as the main Village area, lift line-ups also tend to be shorter.
Other services and amenities available to you in the Upper Village include:
- Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone (summer only)
- Blackcomb Cold Beer and Wine Store
- Can-ski Clothing and Mountain Equipment Shop
- Vida Wellness Spa
- Upper Village Market
Dining in Whistler’s Upper Village
With a variety of gastronomic delights, dining in the Upper Village will satisfy any hunger pain.
($) Inexpensive, ($$) Moderate, ($$$) Expensive
Casual Dining & Cafes
- Ciao Thyme Bistro: fresh and organic deli items; open for breakfast and lunch. ($)
- Mallard Lounge: Westcoast cuisine served in a charming, cozy atmosphere. ($$)
- Merlin’s: an après hot spot boasting Whistler’s best nachos. ($)
- Portabello Café: family friendly restaurant with deli style menu and innovative chef creations. ($$)
- Wizard Grill: great place for a quick grab and go; specializes in sandwiches/wraps. ($)
- Fifty Two 80 Bistro Bar: relaxed lounge with seafood inspired menu and specialty cocktails. ($$$)
- La Rua Restaurante: Mediterranean inspired menu with touches of the Pacific Northwest. ($$$)
- Monk’s Grill: warm friendly ski bar for lunch and après ski; fine dining in the evening. ($$)
- Nagomi Sushi: fresh Japanese cuisine; be sure to try the new Red Dragon roll! ($$)
- Wildflower Restaurant: French contemporary dining in a comfortable, casual setting. ($$)